Okay, now I will say something.
I have known Lesely Arfin for eleventy-billion years. There’s no one better on earth than Lesley Arfin. Lesley is my friend.
Lesley writes on the HBO show Girls so naturally, some people wrote some stuff on the Internet about her. The stuff they wrote made me pretty mad. The kind of mad that I don’t usually get. The kind of mad where I actually don’t say anything on the Internet about it.
I knew as the Internet news-cycle on this wound down, someone would write something terrific about it and I’d be able to share it with you. I’m delighted that person is Gavin McInnes. Please read what he wrote here:
One final thought (and I promise you I will not engage in ANY further discussion about this). The writer of one of these “think-pieces” said this of the “controversy” surrounding a tweet:
“I do not care what other people think (aside from my immediate social set who are in on the joke).”
Speaking only for myself here: EXACTLY.
So, are we done now?
Are you goddamn kidding me with this? LYNCHING? I don’t understand - a person in the entertainment industry was criticized and they’re being LYNCHED? As in, drug out their homes and hung from a tree by an angry mob of white people? Is that what happened? I don’t know who this Jake kid is, but fuck him, fuck Gavin, the horses they rode in on and the ASTONISHING delusions of victimization that allowed them to endorse/write this piece. I’m gonna quote Jay Smooth here:
It’s the worst kind of point-and-sneer ironic sarcasm, the last refuge of a postmodern coward.
It’s become obvious that “irony” is now the tool millennials use to engineer their post-racial fictions and congrats for these cuntnuggets for giving out more tools to all the axewounds in the comment section to continue the work their parents and grandparents started.
These racist jerk-offs and their ridiculous delusions of white people being persecuted is borderline paranoid schizophrenic.
74 Notes/ Hide
- acontinuation likes this
- reyner likes this
- dceiver likes this
- allnightdiner reblogged this from richardlawson and added:
- blameaspartame likes this
- ohhhmadeline likes this
- mccyp likes this
- ohheybill likes this
- occupythedisco reblogged this from andyhutchins and added:
- lindsayrobertson likes this
- rolandcrosby likes this
- isabelthespy likes this
- gunshinestate likes this
- bloodphoenix reblogged this from coldbloodedboy and added:
- andyhutchins reblogged this from dandaddario and added:
- egadsy reblogged this from antbf
- shorterexcerpts likes this
- coldbloodedboy reblogged this from jakefogelnest and added:
- thedoctor72 likes this
- themorallycorruptfayeresnick likes this
- onethousandtwo likes this
- hughbot likes this
- thedependentclause likes this
- bestnatesmithever reblogged this from jakefogelnest
- littleorphanammo reblogged this from jakefogelnest and added:
- elesheva likes this
- whiskeybot likes this
- softcommunication likes this
- antbf likes this
- kratlee likes this
- winstonwolfe likes this
- sarahchristine likes this
- richardlawson reblogged this from pareene and added:
- peterfeld reblogged this from pareene and added:
- shycynical likes this
- bmichael likes this
- taoistdrunk likes this
- bthny likes this
- jawnish likes this
- pareene reblogged this from celebraterickysargulesh and added:
- celebraterickysargulesh reblogged this from jakefogelnest and added:
- slantedandenchanted likes this
- welcome-to-condale likes this
- dogunderwater said:What is the title of that article. If you can’t take people calling you out then maybe don’t make an explicitly racial comment in the middle of my show being critiqued in a way THE CREATOR AGREED WITH. Weird that people would get pissed.
- pusssywillows likes this
- popculturebrain likes this
- hello-newman likes this
- annajonzin likes this
- daveholmes likes this
- controlyourculture likes this